Subject: pthread_mutex_lock error
From: Rob Clack <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:37:10 +0100

I have a big app developed under Linux which has been ported to Windows. 
  I build it under NT4 but a user complained it was broken under W2K and 
indeed he's right.  When I installed it on a borrowed W2K box the 
install went fine, but running it fails immediately with a dialog box headed

Startace.exe - Entry Point Not Found

and the text

The procedure entry point pthread_mutex_lock could not be located in the 
dynamic link library cygwin1.dll.

I have no idea how to even start diagnosing this problem. I'm not keen 
to start installing cygwin on someone else's box, so it would be really 
helpful if someone knows what's going on here.

Thanks
Rob
-- 
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often.
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Rob Clack                        Acedb Development,  Informatics Group
  email: [email-masked]                Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
  Tel: +44 1223 494780                   Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
  Fax: +44 1223 494919                   Hinxton  Cambridge    CB10 1SA

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/