Subject: Newbie Help: IMAP Server
From: Chris Withers <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:20:29 +0100

Hi there,

I'd like to get an IMAP Server up and running on my Windows desktop machine to 
serve up my old archived mail.

In the abscence of any obvious, decent Open Source IMAP Servers for native 
Windows, I turned to Cygwin.

Ideally, I want to be running either Cyrus or Courier, but after a cursory 
Google I couldn't find any examples of those being run on Windows or under 
Cygwin. That said, I'm sure either of them could be run under Cygwin, has anyone 
here managed it?

Anyway, failing that, I ran setup.exe and selected the various uw-imap packages.
The seemed to install fine but now I'm a bit miffed. I'm having a hard time 
finding installation and configuration docs for these packages.

That said, I think setup.py installed things okay, which leaves me with a few 
questions:

1. How to I configure the IMAP demon, setup an account on it, etc.

2. How do I run it?

3. How do I configure it/cygwin so that is starts whenever the machine boots up?

If there's obvious docs that answer these, please point me in the right 
direction :-)

Thanks for any help!

Chris

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/