Subject: Re: patch.exe missing from cygwin? [Newbie]
From: "Cliff Hones" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, "Timothy C Prince" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:50:34 +0100

Timothy C Prince wrote:
> Hi.  Just installed Cygwin, looking for patch.exe.  It has diff.exe, but 
> no patch!  Any idea how I can get this utility?

Yes indeed - just install it.  Cygwin is a lot larger than back in
the B18 days, and now you can select the packages you want.
In this case, the patch utility is in the "patch" package, so just
run setup.exe again, choose the "full" view, and select the patch
package.  You may find it worth installing a few other useful
packages for development at the same time - the default set
of packages is fairly minimal.

-- Cliff

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/