Subject: Re: perl-5.8.1-1 problem: TW.dll is 182 megabytes
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Eric Hanchrow <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:14:18 +0200

Hallo Eric,

> I suffered from that problem, so I re-ran setup, which reasonably
> replaced version 5.8.1 with 5.8.0-4.  However, the installation is
> taking forever -- the setup screen shows that it's copying the file
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/cygwin-multi-64int/auto/Encode/TW/TW.dll, and
> that file seems to be growing without bound (it's at 182 megabytes as
> I write this).

Strange, anyway, this is a new problem

setup.ini (mirrors.rcn.net) is also wrong:
version: 5.8.0-4
install: release/perl/perl-5.8.0-4.tar.bz2 2289664
source: release/perl/perl-5.8.0-4-src.tar.bz2 11554916

install: should be 6.5M not 2.2M

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/