Subject: [PATCH] gcc3/ld patch for direct-linking-to-dll and auto-import support
From: "Ralf Habacker" <[email-masked]>
To: "Binutils" <[email-masked]>, "cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Kde-Cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:59:34 +0200

Hi

while compiling trolltechs qt/xfree library with gcc3 (3.2x) on cygwin I
recognized, that the auto-import stuff in combination of recent ld does not work
in case of const variables in a dll when using direct linking to a dll, because
gcc put those variables into a readonly, that means the .text section.

The patch and a testcase is appended. A documentation could be found in the
patch file.

A binary update (only containing ld) could be found here:

http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/snapshots/ld-gcc3-const-var-patch.tar.bz2

Cheers
Ralf
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/