Subject: Re: Compress info and man pages ?
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:52:30 +0200

Frédéric schrieb:

> Now that the documentation is moving to /usr/share, are there
> any plans to compress the info and man pages like in cygwin-doc
> ?

> Since gzip is in Base I suppose that wouldn't break anything.

> It may save considerable disk space. Does anyone with a full
> install know how much ?

You would save about 20-30MB probably.  I don't regard this as
considerable.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/