Subject: opening attachments from emacs/gnus under cygwin
From: Jason Dufair <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:25:40 -0500

In the event this helps anyone...

I'm running GNU Emacs 21.2.1 and gnus 5.10.1 under Cygwin 1.3.22.  I got
tired of having to save attachments and then open a dired buffer and
then launch via shellex.  So I created a .mailcap and put the following
in there:

application/msword; cmd /c winword.exe "`cygpath -aw "%s"`"

Lo and behold, MS Word attachments now launch.  Lather, rinse, and
repeat for other MIME types.

-- 
Jason Dufair - [email-masked]
http://www.dufair.org/
"Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
-- Terry Pratchett

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/