Subject: Re: using setup.exe without the mouse?
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 10:36:28 +0200

Hallo Max,

Am Samstag, 16. August 2003 um 01:17 schriebst du:

> Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> Hallo,
>> 
>> is it possible?
>> 
>> How do I choose e.g. lynx in the chooser (remember: try it without the
>> mouse pointer)?
>> 
>> Can I use setup from the command line instead?
>> 
>> E.g.
>> $ setup lynx
>> or with additional options like -i for 'install from internet', -d for
>> 'download from internet' and -l for 'local repository' or similar?

> No, it's not (yet) possible. PTC.

Hmm, I have an amaurotic user, he cannot use setup.exe because he
doesn't see the mouse pointer.  Too bad. 

I'm willing to push this feature, is there some documentation besides
the mail archives or source code?

Also, I remember that there was documentation about installation
without setup.exe, but obviously it was removed from the website.
Would it be possible to have a special website with informations about
setting up a proper Cygwin installation without setup.exe?  This could
e.g. be just a hint that this special information is available on
request. 

Is the old website with these infos somewhere available around to have
a starting point?

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/