Subject: another newbie question
From: Rob Clack <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:14:29 +0100

After my previous installation, done by someone else, got blown away 
when I installed 1.3.22-1 I find I can't get everything to work 
perfectly.  Mostly, just not perfect.

eg /etc/profile advises me to put personal customisation of $PATH into 
my .bashrc file, but this doesn't get executed when I log on.

I've got around that by putting the customisation and stuff like setting 
aliases into my .profile file, but don't know what ricochets I might 
trigger by doing this.

Any ideas?

Rob
-- 
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Don't worry about what people think: they don't do it very often.
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Rob Clack                        Acedb Development,  Informatics Group
  email: [email-masked]                Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
  Tel: +44 1223 494780                   Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
  Fax: +44 1223 494919                   Hinxton  Cambridge    CB10 1SA

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/