Subject: Re: compile gtk2 applications on cygwin?
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:25:24 +0200

Hallo Franz,

Am Dienstag, 12. August 2003 um 07:01 schriebst du:

>>There are some gnome2 patches available, there is xlocale used where
>>it is needed, see here for a starting point:
>>http://cygnome2.sourceforge.net/test-patches/

> I don't think that I need gnome at all because I built the program 
> in glade as a gtk-project not a gnome-project. But I admit that I 
> never testet on a completely gnomefree linux box.

The patches there include gtk+ and glib and related base packages.

> So far I tried with your gtk build (at least I found some message of 
> you stating that this is from you) from http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/gtk+/. 
> Mainly because I need the newest gtk version because the olders have 
> a bug in the treeview-widget. I suppose you have succesfully compiled 
> and run applications on it. Do you have any 'hello world'-like 
> test-projects around? Maybe it's just my installation that is broken.

I have DIA running, but there were some problems with the xml module
searching for the extern DLL with wrong name.

I also have a running bluefish editor:
http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/bluefish/

> If possible I'd like to stay out of compiling the whole gtk stuff.

Hehe,
Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/