Subject: Re: ld -r errors with C++ objects
From: "Brian R. Gaeke" <[email-masked]>
To: Ross Smith <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:26:09 -0500

> > When I link two particular .o files together into a new relocatable
> > (using ld -r) I get errors from ld, instead of a new .o file. This
> > happens in many of our C++ projects, but only on Cygwin. I have
> > reduced the test cases significantly.
> 
> ld doesn't speak C++. Use g++ to link C++ modules.

Thanks for the advice.  I tried using g++ for the link step. Ordinarily
that results in ld complaining that it can't find WinMain, which makes
sense because I am trying to link two .o files which do not constitute
an entire program.

I tried passing the -r option to ld using g++'s -Wl,-r option, so that
it would not expect to see WinMain; that resulted in an error very similar
to the one that I got before when I simply used ld -r.

-- 
[email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/