Subject: Re: 1.5.2-1 file truncated
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 10 Aug 2003 10:56:56 +0200

"Gerrit P. Haase" writes:

> Can you try to add '-L/usr/lib' before '-lm' on the link line?
> I saw s.th. similar once with libexpat (long way back with 1.3.22) and
> I could not remove it from the link line, but it succeeded with
> adding -L/usr/lib before the -lib.

If I insert -L/home/cygwin/1.5/usr/lib, it fails in the same way (that
is in the compiler's default path).

Inserting -L/usr/lib has the effect of removing -lm, the build host's
libm seems to be loaded without any complaint:

    LOAD /home/cygwin1.5/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/libpng.dll.a
    LOAD /home/cygwin1.5/usr/bin/cygz.dll
    LOAD ../kpathsea/SHARED/libkpathsea.dll.a
    LOAD /home/cygwin1.5/usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.dll.a
    LOAD /home/cygwin1.5/usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.dll.a
    LOAD /home/cygwin1.5/usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.dll.a
    LOAD /home/cygwin1.5/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.dll.a
    LOAD /usr/lib/libm.a
    LOAD /home/cygwin1.5/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-5/libgcc.a
    LOAD /home/cygwin1.5/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/libcygwin.a
    LOAD /home/cygwin1.5/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/w32api/libuser32.a
    LOAD /home/cygwin1.5/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/w32api/libkernel32.a
    LOAD /home/cygwin1.5/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/w32api/libadvapi32.a
    LOAD /home/cygwin1.5/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/w32api/libshell32.a
    LOAD /home/cygwin1.5/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-5/libgcc.a

which is kind of funny, but no exports from it are mentioned in the
map file of course: wrong platform.

Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/