Subject: Re: 1.5.2-1 file truncated
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:06:56 +0200

Hallo Jan,

> Same with tetex-bin;

>> ls/libutils.a  -lX11 -lm       -lwinmm

>> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.2/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: final
>> lin
>> k failed: File truncated
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

>  it seems that -lm is the culprit.  Leave it off, and it seems to
>  work.

Can you try to add '-L/usr/lib' before '-lm' on the link line?
I saw s.th. similar once with libexpat (long way back with 1.3.22) and
I could not remove it from the link line, but it succeeded with
adding -L/usr/lib before the -lib.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/