Subject: Re: SSH session terminates with Ctl+C
From: Jeff Nokes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 12:00:14 -0700 (PDT)

> Don't do that.  Set CYGWIN to 'tty' in your environment before starting
> Cygwin.  See <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html>.

Hi Larry,
Sorry about the confusion, I've never had to set this before, and I thought
that you meant the bash environment.  Your suggestion worked, but only when I:

   set CYGWIN tty

... in the .bat file I use to start the cygwin bash shell (cmd.exe).  If I set
this same environment variable in my windows environment (settings ->
control_panel ...) it didn't work.  Interestingly enough, either way I set it,
it did show up as being set in my bash environment once I started the shell. 
But I'm not sure why one way works over the other.

Anyway, I'm happy your suggestion works; no more Ctl+C killing my ssh
sessions.   Thank you very much.  Maybe we can end this rediculously long
thread now!
Regards,
- Jeff

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/