Subject: Re: perl -MCPAN -e shell crashes w98se
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Graham Lamont <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 04:35:50 +0200

Hallo Graham,

Am Mittwoch, 6. August 2003 um 03:15 schriebst du:

> Is it easy to install 5.61 instead ?

Yes, using setup.exe should make it as easy as possible, you find perl
in the category 'Interpreter' or the full listing (and setup.exe is
here: http://cygwin.com/setup.exe ). 

>>Why there was an ActiveState directory created is dubios.
>>What is in your /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/CPAN/Config.pm (there are the
>>user defined settings)?
> $CPAN::Config = {
>   'build_cache' => q[10],
>   'build_dir' => q[/.cpan/build],

[...]

Looks ok.  I really have no idea why there should be an activestate
dirtectory created.

> With the requested paths (unzip,gzip,tar..) I just gave the path that 
> which gives (/usr/bin) even though this is empty and everything is in 
> /bin. I don't understand why this is.

Try `ls /usr/bin` in a bash shell, is it really empty?
This is called a mount.  x:\cygwin\bin is mounted to /usr/bin and to
/bin so you can access the files with both paths.
See also the output of the command `mount`.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/