Subject: Re: SSH session terminates with Ctl+C
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 13:31:29 -0700

Jeff Nokes wrote:

> I've ran into a strange issue, one of which I have not run into before with
> cygwin.  I have a W2K workstation at work, and I use cygwin to ssh into both
> Solaris and RedHat Linux boxes to do development.  Sometimes, while ssh'd into
> a remote host, I have to 'Ctl+C' out of a process when it hangs.  When
> connected to the Solaris boxes, the Ctl+C just puts me back at the command
> prompt on the remote host, which is what I would expect it to do.  But when
> I'm connected to a Linux box and I Ctl+C out of a process, not only does it
> kill the process on the remote Linux host, but it kills my active ssh session
> with that host and puts me back in the default cygwin shell in my W2K
> environment.

If you're using CMD.EXE for your command prompt you might try setting
"tty" in the CYGWIN environment variable.  Also, give rxvt a try.  Make
sure that your TERM is set to "Cygwin" or "rxvt" for CMD.EXE and rxvt,
repectively.  You shouldn't have to explicitly set TERM to anything, it
should take the correct value without forcing it.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/