Subject: Re: starting up in rxvt ?
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 12:24:45 +0100

Do not start with a bash process. If you try starting things with

        Start -> Run -> c:\Cygwin\bin\rxvt -e /bin/bash

that will start a rxvt terminal which reads ~/.bashrc. If you try

        Start -> Run -> c:\Cygwin\bin\rxvt -e /bin/bash --login -i

that will start a rxvt terminal which reads /etc/profile then
~/.bash_profile.

After "rxvt" but before "-e" insert switches for rxvt if you want them,
like -bg blue -fg yellow and that sort of thing.

All this assumes you are not running XWin. If you have previously set
DISPLAY and have started XWin using start XWin -multiwindow, then you can
start a rxvt session as above prefixed with the command "run ".

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/