Subject: Re: bash: cat << EOF
From: Samuel Thibault <[email-masked]>
To: "Michael Herstine <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:34:09 -0400

Le ven 01 aoû 2003 11:41:51 GMT, Michael Herstine <[email-masked]> a tapoté sur son clavier :
> I'm interested in whether or not you ever resolved this issue (since
> I'm experiencing the same thing!).  The thread on the cygwin mailing
> list never closed ...

It actually did, but not clearly. To sum it up: the real error message
was 'An unexpected network error occurred' (pretty useful, isn't it :)),
as Larry Hall pointed out. Indeed the whole cygwin tree is mounted from
S:\ which is actually connected to \\lvsmb\softeleves, which is as samba
share. Hence /tmp would be on the samba share. Just mounting c:\temp on
/tmp solved everything (and I'm not sure there's better solutions
there).

Regards,
-- 
Samuel Thibault <[email-masked]>
Fatal Error: Found [MS-Windows] System -> Repartitioning Disk for Linux...
(By [email-masked], Christopher Browne)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/