Subject: 1.3.22: Bug Pipereader with demo (WIN2K)
From: heiko <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 15:46:24 +0200

Hi,

changes introduced in cygwin 1.3.18 broke my application cdda2wav from the 
cdrtools package. cygwin release 1.3.17 worked well.

Since that release my app and the whole windows GUI
as well freezes when the pipe reader has to wait...
Just checked that with version 1.3.22-1

The following minimal test case demonstrates the behaviour.
CAUTION: Your machine will freeze!!

Please forward this to Christopher Faylor.

(Chris, I have looked at the diff between 1.3.18 and 1.3.17,
but have no clue what it is; probably in fhandler::read_raw or 
fhandler_pipe::read)

Good bug hunting luck, and thanks,
Heiko Eißfeldt

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/