Subject: 'setup.exe' under Win2K Terminal Server in AS mode
From: msg <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:06:06 -0500

Greetings:

I've been running 1.3.22 for some months now on a Win2K Server running
Terminal Services in Application Server mode for a variety of
development
projects and am pleased overall; however the entire installation was
done manually for the most part due to a vast number of failures
of the 'setup.exe' process compounded by slow dial-up access to the
'net.  I won't elaborate on these issues in this message nor post
a 'cygcheck' output at this time; my intent here is to inquire whether
the maintainers have considered the implications of the install process
on a Win2K Server running TS in AS mode.  Apps should be installed
using 'Control Panel' to permit proper registry and user profile mapping
mechanisms to work, and apps should be TS aware in order to
avoid a variety of problems during install and multiuser use. I believe
'setup.exe' should be TS aware to avoid a variety of problems or at
least the cygwin FAQ and homepage should include some caveats (at the
least to avoid running 'setup.exe' from the web links).

Michael Grigoni
Cyberthque Museum

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/