Subject: Re: apache problems gone with 1.50
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 00:51:18 +0200

> This is good to hear. Perhaps I will switch from Apache for Windows ->
> Apache under Cygwin. Only problem is I also trying to move my web site
> over to a Linux box instead - which makes this all kinda moot. However I
> do have a friend who wishes to host his web site on a Windows box and I
> am contemplating using Cygwin for most services. If Apache under Cygwin
> works well with 1.5.0 then perhaps I'll just go that way. I wonder if
> anybody has measured the speed difference between Apache for Windows and
> Apache under Cygwin...

I did some time ago. It was almost 35-40% slower on Apache for Cygwin
then his native (win32) counterpart.

Plain html file requests, no php or any other "magic".

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/