Subject: No huge packets, please!
From: "Rodrigo Medina" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:34:31 -0400

Hello!

  First of all I want to congratulate all you people that have made
possible CYGWIN+XFREE. I think that the whole is already a mature,
wonderful product. In particular the new multiwindow feature of XWin
is really cool.
  I have a petition to make: Have a little bit of mercy with us poor
guys that have slow internet connections! For example at home I have
a connection that most of the time is below 1kb/s, with such a speed
to download XFree86-fnts (16.3Mb) takes at least 5 hours (but it can
take much more). During such a long time the chances of losing a dialup
connection are very high. What can you do?
a) avoid making huge packets (say more than 8-10 Mb). I am sure that
most huge packets, that are composed of many directories, can be
splitted in some sensible way; or
b) implement some way of downloading the packets with ftp, so one can
use wget or similar programs capable of partial downloading; or
c) make the cygwin setup program capable of partial downloading.

Thanks in advance

Rodrigo Medina
[email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/