Subject: upgrade question
From: Rob Clack <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:49:38 +0100

We have a large c/unix application which uses gtk and which has been 
ported to Windows.  Our gtk is ancient, as is our cygwin, and we're 
looking to upgrade both.

The cygwin was, I gather, seriously hacked (some time ago) to get it to 
work, and I don't want to throw it away before establishing that our app 
and gtk 2.2.2 and the latest cygwin are all going to work together OK.

Can I just rename my old cygwin directory tree (E:\cygwin) to something 
else and install the latest in its place?  I did read somewhere that you 
shouldn't have two cygwin1.dlls, hence the question.

Thanks in advance
Rob
-- 
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Rob Clack                        Acedb Development,  Informatics Group
  email: [email-masked]                Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
  Tel: +44 1223 494780                   Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
  Fax: +44 1223 494919                   Hinxton  Cambridge    CB10 1SA

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/