Subject: Re: apache dies with pppoe
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Carlo Florendo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:50:20 +0200

Carlo Florendo wrote:
> 
> > I think this is a new one.
> >
> > I'm running Apache behind a nat'd f/w router attached to a dsl modem that
> > dhcp's an ip from a pppoe connection.
> >
> > When the IP address changes, Apache must be restarted. At the moment I'm
> > cron'ing a restart - but that's a kludge.
> >
> > Anybody have a similar setup with a better solution to keep Apache going?
> 
> What does this have to do with cygwin?

agreed. This is a more generic problem on how to bind to interfaces
that do change it's IP nature.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/