Subject: Re: ImageMagick/PerlMagick
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Bill McCormick <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:53:51 +0200

Hallo Bill,

Am Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2003 um 09:55 schriebst du:

> The saga continues ...

> Exerpt from my \usr\src\ImageMagick-5.5.7\PerlMagick\README.txt:

>     Next, edit Makefile.PL and change LIBS and INC to include the

This looks weird:

   'LIBS'       => ['-L/usr/local/lib -lMagick -L/usr/X11R6/lib \
                     -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib -L/lib -ljbig \
                     -ltiff -lfreetype -ljpeg -lpng -ldpstk \
                     -ldps -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lbz2 -lxml2 \
                     -lz -lgdi32 -lpthread -lm'],

I would change this to:

   'LIBS'       => ['-L/usr/local/lib -lMagick -L/usr/X11R6/lib \
                     -ljbig -ltiff -lfreetype -ljpeg -lpng -ldpstk \
                     -ldps -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lbz2 -lxml2 \
                     -lz'],

I don't know about libdps and libdpstk, are they needed, do you have
them?  Why is libMagick not found: because MakeMaker is somewhat
broken, it looks for libMagick.a and you probably have just
libMagick.dll.a, you must supply a symlink:
`ln -s libMagick.dll.a libMagick.a` ?

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/