Subject: Re: Questions about building from CVS
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: David Rothenberger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:05:39 +0200

Hallo David,

Am Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2003 um 19:52 schriebst du:

[...]

> Second, when I run make install (or your script), I find that it
> produces many errors related to directories not existing in the
> install directory.  I generally have to create them by hand and then
> re-run "make install".  I do the following:

>   $ grep -h /bin/install: log.install*  | \
>     sed 's/^.*`\([^'"'"']*\).*$/\1/' | \
>     xargs -n1 dirname | sort | uniq | \
>     xargs mkdir -p

>   $ gerritsScript install

> Does everyone have this problem or is it something specific with my
> setup?

No, I never had problems like this, I remove the installation
directory before doing a new build.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/