Subject: Re: documentation on building the cygwin dll
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Carlo Florendo" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:48:51 +0200

Hallo Carlo,

you posted the log here:

> Ok, here's another URL then:  http://210.23.117.69/zxff/index.html

Instead, sending the error message in the mail would be more useful:
c++ -L/src/obj/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup -L/src/obj/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin -L/src/obj/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib -isystem /src/src/winsup/include -isystem /src/src/winsup/cygwin/include -isystem /src/src/winsup/w32api/include -B/src/obj/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/ -isystem /src/obj/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/targ-include -isystem /src/src/newlib/libc/include -c -nostdinc -nostdinc++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -g -O2 -Wall -Wwrite-strings -fno-common -pipe -fbuiltin -fmessage-length=0  -I.  -I/src/src/winsup/cygwin   -I../../../../src/winsup/cygwin/config/i386 -I/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-5/include -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -o ./assert.o ../../../../src/winsup/cygwin/assert.cc
cc1plus: Invalid option `-fmessage-length=0'
make[2]: *** [assert.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/src/obj/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin'
make[1]: *** [cygwin] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/src/obj/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup'
make: *** [all-target-winsup] Error 2

You should also provide some more information about your environment,
which versions of the tools you're using and so on, please see here:
 http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Reading the g++ manpage, it is completely legal to use
-fmessage-length=0, so I need to ask which compiler are you using?

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/