Subject: Re: subprocess i/o interaction with shell (bash&cmd): shells compete for input with user program!
From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Jul 2003 18:12:53 -0400

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "Re: subprocess i/o interaction with shell (bash&cmd): shells compete for input with user program!"
> * Sent on Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:27:05 -0400
> * Honorable Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> If the exec paradigm in cygwin was really broken, the mailing list
> would be filled with people complaining about that fact.

my fault (gcc does not define UNIX, I should have been more careful,
sorry)

OK, so -- how do I implement execv() ?
winsup/src/winsup/cygwin/spawn.cc:spawn_guts() is, apparently,
the place to look at, but it is so hairy ...

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
What garlic is to food, insanity is to art.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/