Subject: bash: cat << EOF
From: Samuel Thibault <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:38:46 -0400

Hi,

We have installed cygwin on w2k (5.00.2195 service pack 3), but the
files are actually hosted by a samba server, connected on S:\, and we
login to the box via rsh x11.

The problem we're having is

$ cat << EOF
> foo
> EOF
cat: -: Permission denied

this is the same with dd, ... so the problem must be with bash.
I tried by copying bin/ on the local drive, relaunching bash.exe and
cat.exe from there, same problem, so it might not be because of the
networking thing.

Is this a known limitation ? I couldn't find anything in the documentation
or the FaQ

Regards,
Samuel Thibault

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/