Subject: Re: Spammers watching this user forum
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:04:21 -0700

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> 
> Please consider not ``bouncing'' SPAM.  There have been various DoS type
> virus that send email with fictitious headers.  When you bounce that
> type of SPAM then you are participating in the DoS.  The bounce doesn't

Indeed.  The only legitimate bounce you can do to spam is at the SMTP
delivery level, before the message has been accepted.  Anything else,
and you're just causing some innocent (or even joe-jobbed) third party a
little bit more hassle.  Even that doesn't do much as spamware pretty
much operates on the spray and pray philosophy, so a "550 Go Away
Forever" isn't likely to get your email address removed from squat.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/