Subject: Re: gcc on cygwin
From: Sagar Shah <[email-masked]>
To: Vince Harron <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:07:23 -0700

Thanx Vince, Manjit, Igor for u replies,

but if i want gcc 3.2.3 to work with wstring support, than what i have to
do.

wait for gcc people or try to built from source over cygwin with specific
options.

Regards
Manjit Dua
----- Original Message -----
From: Vince Harron
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: gcc on cygwin

gcc 2.95 has a different C++ ABI than gcc 3.2.3.  You'll have to build all
C++ code with the same compiler.

From: Sagar Shah <sagars at dpsl dot net>
To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org, cygwin at cygwin dot com
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:43:41 -0700
Subject: gcc on cygwin

Hi all,

i had developed  an application that uses libraries like libgnome,
libgnomecanvasmm, libbonobo etc.

i have used wstring effectively in my application, the application is
running on Linux.

the same application i tried to built on Windows using cygwin with
development versions of autotools, gcc 3.2.3 etc.

what i observed is a strange, that gcc 3.2.3 doesn't have wstring support, i
searched through google for the solution and reasons, what i concluded, no
support for wstring on cygwin platform.

and when i tried using 2.95.x version the sample application of wstring
worked properly, but when i tried to built my application using gcc 2.95,
many undefined references for code that is implemented in my library files
libbonobouimm, gtk-win32 etc

what i think is since i have  built them using gcc 3.2.3, gcc 2.95 is not
getting them.

well i want to know is my guess right, if yes what should i do for it.

Any Help would greatly be appreciated.
TAI

Regards
Sagar Shah

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/