Subject: Re: Installing Cygwin Under W2k
From: "Julian Gardner" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:54:12 +0100

I have done a clean install and tries the following

gzip -d binutils.tar.gz
tar -xvf binutils.tar
mkdir build-binutils
cd build-binutils
../binutils/configure --target=arc-8-elf --prefix=/bar
/bin/sh: not found
Config.guess failed to determine the host type.  You need to specify one.
Usage: configure [OPTIONS] [HOST]

Options: [defaults in brackets]
 --prefix=MYDIR          install into MYDIR [/usr/local]
 --exec-prefix=MYDIR     install host-dependent files into MYDIR
[/usr/local]
 --help                  print this message [normal config]
 --build=BUILD           configure for building on BUILD [BUILD=HOST]
 --host=HOST             configure for HOST [determined via config.guess]
 --norecursion           configure this directory only [recurse]
 --program-prefix=FOO    prepend FOO to installed program names [""]
 --program-suffix=FOO    append FOO to installed program names [""]
 --program-transform-name=P transform installed names by sed pattern P [""]
 --site=SITE             configure with site-specific makefile for SITE
 --srcdir=DIR            find the sources in DIR [. or ..]
 --target=TARGET         configure for TARGET [TARGET=HOST]
 --tmpdir=TMPDIR         create temporary files in TMPDIR [/tmp]
 --nfp                   configure for software floating point [hard float]
 --with-FOO, --with-FOO=BAR package FOO is available (parameter BAR)
 --without-FOO           package FOO is NOT available
 --enable-FOO, --enable-FOO=BAR include feature FOO (parameter BAR)
 --disable-FOO           do not include feature FOO

Where HOST and TARGET are something like "sparc-sunos", "mips-sgi-irix5",
etc.

so i tried this

../binutils/configure --host=i686 --target=arc-8-elf --prefix=/bar

I get the following error
/bin/sh: not found
*** cannot find config.sub.

Now on my not networked machine the above worked first time

joolz

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/