Subject: Installing Cygwin Under W2k
From: "Julian Gardner" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:05:43 +0100

I have some trouble installing Cygwin under W2k.

If I install it under W2k as a standalone workstation or on a fresh
workstation not joined to a domain, all is OK.

But, if I try to install Cygwin on a workstation already in service and
joined to a domain (also W2k server) I cannot get it to install correctly or
run.

I am assuming it is something to do with the W2K server changing the local
domain name for the W2K workstation but I need to know how to fix it.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Joolz

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/