Subject: Re: problems with gcc3.2.3 and wide character support
From: Oscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:01:35 +0200

Sachin Zingade <[email-masked]> writes:

[snip]

> i had found on the google i concluded that gcc 3.2.3 has no support
> for wstring. is it ?

The Standard C++ Library implementation that comes with recent g++
releases has support for wstring. However, the underlying platform's C
library needs to provide certain features for that to work. I think
Cygwin does not provide such features.

BTW, this kind of questions shouldn't be addressed to the gcc mailing
lists. Better use gcc-help.

-- 
Oscar

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/