Subject: Re: Spurious executable bits keep turning up
From: Jason Lunz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:25:28 +0000 (UTC)

[email-masked] said:
> Other than the obvious "chmod 600", you mean?

well, sort of. In this case, the full cygwin environment isn't being
installed. I'm just using ssh.exe and the cygwin DLL to temporarily set
up an ssh tunnel, but ssh complains when the permissions on its key file
are too loose. The key file is created when it's unpacked by NSIS.

On Win2k, ssh thinks the permissions are OK. on XP, it doesn't. I don't
know whether this is due to a difference between how NSIS creates the
file on 2K and XP, or whether it's a difference in how cygwin maps the
permissions for ssh on the two OSes. I was asking whether there were a
workaround for the latter without establishing whether that was actually
the problem. :)

It turns out that using chmod makes ssh happy under XP, so my problems
are solved. thanks.

Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/