Subject: Globally redirecting output elsewhere than /tmp/
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:05:27 +0100

The directory /tmp seems to be hardwired into some applications as a
repository for temporary files created during those applications' activity.
(Rather than using env. vars. TEMP or TMP, I mean.)

Is there a way of globally diverting such temporary files elsewhere, as in
"for /tmp read h:/temp throughout this session"?

I've tried fiddling with all of alias, ln, mount, ..., but none of these
seem to provide quite what's needed.

(Reason for asking: I am still experimenting with portable-Cygwin-on-a-CD.
Then the un-write-ability of the directory /tmp and possibly of other
directories too is occasionally proving to be problematic.)

Thank you.

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/