Subject: Several problems when running tests with Cygwin
From: "Johnny Willemsen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:47:23 +0200

Hi all,

We are actively trying to get full cygwin support for ACE and TAO. ACE is a
portable C++ library that delivers OS abstraction and several pattern
implementations. TAO is an open source CORBA implementation build with ACE.
We are working on full cygwin support already some months. I have just
downloaded the latest Cygwin DLL test release and this improves the support
only a little.

We build ACE and TAO daily with Cygwin and part of this build is a large set
of tests. Those tests run on a lot of platforms, but several fail still with
Cygwin. We are investigating but it goes slow. The results are online on
http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~bugzilla/auto_compile_logs/remedy.nl_Win2K_Cygwin/.
In the test part you can see that several tests are failing.

The ACE/TAO package can be downloaded from
http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html

We will continue testing with Cygwin but maybe some of the real Cygwin
guru's can have a look and maybe pinpoint some of the problems.

Regards,

Johnny Willemsen

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/