Subject: Re: Mount Windows registry into filesystem
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:32:43 -0700

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> 
> On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 09:19:57AM +0100, William S Fulton wrote:
> > Is it possible to mount the registry into the filesystem?
> 
> It is already.  Try `ls -l /proc/registry'

Neat.  Is there any way to tell the type of the key's value using this
interface?  For example if I wanted to modify a key's value through
"echo foo > /prog/registry/.../Key", how do I tell Cygwin that I want
the type to be REG_EXPAND_SZ, REG_DWORD, REG_MULTI_SZ, REG_SZ, etc? 
Conversely is there a way to determine the type when reading?  It
appears that Cygwin does what you expect (e.g. returning a \0 delimited
list for REG_MULTI_SZ) but is there any way to ask it directly?

This is yet another really cool Cygwin feature that I had no idea about
until now... :-)

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/