Subject: Re: CygPath to Clipboard (was: example needed pls ...) - Copy_Cygpaths.reg.gz (0/1)
From: "Soren A." <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 23:12:59 +0000 (UTC)

Soren A <[email-masked]> wrote in
 news:[email-masked]:

> But I cannot get the Registry to accept the entries now! Each time I
> try I get the keys created OK, but the "command" is undefined (I am
> writing of how we see the Registry in "regedit"). Somehow, my guess is
> that REGEDIT is not liking the way the data entries look and is
> blanking them out when adding the values to the keys.

OK. I have "reverse engineered" from a dumped key using the superior
WinXP regedit tool. I now have, attached to this file, a successful
.REG file (gzipped) that does what we want & expect with Brian's little
copy_cygpath.exe tool placed in Cygwin's /bin/.

Incomplete results still for Win9x. I am either at one machine or the
other at a time, not both. So this attached file *WILL NOT WORK* for
versions of REGEDIT prior to 5.00 (which IIANM debuted with Win2K).
Note that the leader line is different than that familiar from the
REGEDIT4 .REG files:

----- snip! ----- 8< ----- Cut Here -----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\CygPathLFN]
@="Copy &LFN Cygwin Path"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\CygPathLFN\command]
@=hex(2):22,00,25,00,43,00,59,00,47,00,52,00,4f,00,4f,00,54,00,25,00,\
  5c,00,62,00,69,00,6e,00,5c,00,63,00,6f,00,70,00,79,00,5f,00,63,00,79,00,67,\
  00,70,00,61,00,74,00,68,00,22,00,20,00,22,00,25,00,4c,00,22,00,00,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\CygPathSFN]
@="Copy &SFN Cygwin Path"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\CygPathSFN\command]
@=hex(2):22,00,25,00,43,00,59,00,47,00,52,00,4f,00,4f,00,54,00,25,00,\
  5c,00,62,00,69,00,6e,00,5c,00,63,00,6f,00,70,00,79,00,5f,00,63,00,79,00,67,\
  00,70,00,61,00,74,00,68,00,22,00,20,00,22,00,25,00,31,00,22,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shell\CygPathLFN]
@="Copy &LFN Cygwin Path"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shell\CygPathLFN\command]
@=hex(2):22,00,25,00,43,00,59,00,47,00,52,00,4f,00,4f,00,54,00,25,00,\
  5c,00,62,00,69,00,6e,00,5c,00,63,00,6f,00,70,00,79,00,5f,00,63,00,79,00,67,\
  00,70,00,61,00,74,00,68,00,22,00,20,00,22,00,25,00,4c,00,22,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shell\CygPathSFN]
@="Copy &SFN Cygwin Path"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shell\CygPathSFN\command]
@=hex(2):22,00,25,00,43,00,59,00,47,00,52,00,4f,00,4f,00,54,00,25,00,\
  5c,00,62,00,69,00,6e,00,5c,00,63,00,6f,00,70,00,79,00,5f,00,63,00,79,00,67,\
  00,70,00,61,00,74,00,68,00,22,00,20,00,22,00,25,00,31,00,22,00,00,00

----- snip! ----- 8< ----- Cut Here -----

  Soren A.
-- 
"So, tell me, my little one-eyed one, on what poor, pitiful,
defenseless planet has my MONSTROSITY been unleashed?"
                       - Dr. Jumba, Disney's "Lilo & Stitch"
OpenPGP Key at http://savannah.gnu.org/people/viewgpg.php?user_id=6050

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/