Subject: Re: How can I download onto one computer then install onto another
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 12:28:44 +0100

All the files necessary to mimic your friend's installation will have been
downloaded (as well as being subsequently installed) onto his machine (or
hers) and will still reside somewhere in a folder with a long gobbledegookey
type name like
ftp%3a%2f%2fmirrors.rcn.net%2fmirrors%2fsources.redhat.com%2fcygwin. Unless
it was deleted. Renaming this folder if you like (for ease) burn both it and
its contents onto a CD together with the file http://cygwin.com/setup.exe,
which will not have been downloaded at the time of the original installation
unless your friend requested it. Take the CD to your machine. Run setup.exe
and choose "Install from Local Directory" (the local directory in this case
being {yourdrivename}:\{yourfoldername}). Should work. Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/