Subject: cvs connecting to a repository on Windows broken?
From: Andy Todd <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:25:16 +0100

Hi all,

I updated my installation of Cygwin yesterday. As part of this CVS was 
updated to version 1.11.5-1

I had been using cvs quite successfully to talk to a repository on a 
Windows 2000 server. As of this upgrade this is no longer working. When 
I cd to my copy and type 'cvs update' I get an error;

cvs update: CVSROOT requires a path spec:
cvs update: 
:(gserver|kserver|pserver):[[user][:password]@]host[:[port]]/path
cvs update: [:(ext|server):][[user]@]host[:]/path
cvs [update aborted]: Bad CVSROOT: 
`:pserver:andyt@javsource1:c:\eglrepository'.

I've tried doing a fresh checkout (to another directory) with all sorts 
of variations on the path spec but none seems to work, for instance;

$ cvs -d:pserver:andyt@javsource1/c:\\eglrepository login

or

$ cvs -d:pserver:andyt@javsource1/c//eglrepository login

etc.

Can anyone provide any suggestions? Please cc me as I'm not subscribed 
to the list.

Thanks and regards,
Andy
-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 From the desk of Andrew J Todd esq - http://www.halfcooked.com/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/