Subject: RE: docbook: dvips says "Font ecrm1000 not found, characters will be left blank." and "LaTeX Error: File `nameref.sty' not found"
From: "Ralf Hauser" <[email-masked]>
To: "Jan Nieuwenhuizen" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:06:37 +0200

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jan
> Nieuwenhuizen
> Sent: Samstag, 28. Juni 2003 12:37
>
> You did install tetex-extra, I presume?
No, that solved both problems (nameref.sty and dvips).
Going back to Hoenicka's instructions, I see that his
ftp://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/unix/teTeX/1.0/distrib/sources/teTeX-
texmf-1.0.tar.gz no longer works and I guess I thought having downloaded
enough of tetex via cygwin already which I apparently did not - now I have
all of it...

Thx for the help.

P.S.: In the meantime I also got sgmlwhich from
http://www.sgmltools.org/download.html that is thereafter needed by
http://freshmeat.net/projects/docbook-utils/ that give the useful set of
scripts
jw (jadewrapper) docbook2html  docbook2pdf   docbook2rtf   docbook2texi
docbook2dvi   docbook2man   docbook2ps    docbook2tex   docbook2txt
===> not entirely working yet:
<<jade:/mydoc/docbook/tutorial1.sgml:1:54:W: cannot generate system
identifier for publi
c text "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.1//EN"
jade:/mydoc/docbook/tutorial1.sgml:1:54:E: reference to entity "BOOK" for
which no sys
tem identifier could be generated
...
jade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.13/docbook-utils.dsl:5:73:W:
cannot
 generate system identifier for public text "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style
She
et//EN"
jade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.13/docbook-utils.dsl:13:97:W:
canno
t generate system identifier for public text "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT
DocBook
Print Stylesheet//EN"
jade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.13/docbook-utils.dsl:15:0:E:
refere
nce to entity "STYLE-SHEET" for which no system identifier could be
generated
jade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.13/docbook-utils.dsl:5:0:
entity wa
s defined here
jade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.13/docbook-utils.dsl:15:0:E:
DTD di
d not contain element declaration for document type name
jade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.13/docbook-utils.dsl:13:1:E:
notati
on "DSSSL" for entity "docbook.dsl" undefined
jade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.13/docbook-utils.dsl:17:12:E:
eleme
nt "STYLE-SHEET" undefined
jade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.13/docbook-utils.dsl:19:26:E:
there
 is no attribute "ID"
...
jade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.13/docbook-utils.dsl:115:13:E:
end
tag for "EXTERNAL-SPECIFICATION" omitted, but its declaration does not
permit th
is
jade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.13/docbook-utils.dsl:113:2:
start t
ag was here
jade:E: specification document does not have the DSSSL architecture as a
base ar
chitecture
jade:E: no style-specification or external-specification with ID "PRINT"
>>
I guess I'll have to look into DSSSL and how to tell jade about other style
sheets.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/