Subject: Re: Cygwin DLL init error
From: Doru Carastan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:26:48 -0700

I have found the problem. During 'make install prefix=/install' the 
cygwin1.dll is installed as a data file. 'cacls cygwin1.dll' shows that 
the file is lacking the FILE_EXECUTE and FILE_GENERIC_EXECUTE 
attributes. Doing 'chmod +x cygwin1.dll' or copying the file with 
Explorer restores the executable flags. The problem is visible on ntfs 
partitions under WinXP. It is probably present on Win2K and WinNT 4.0 
hosts too.

Please consider the following patch:

diff -uNr cygwin.orig/winsup/cygwin/Makefile.in 
cygwin/winsup/cygwin/Makefile.in
--- cygwin.orig/winsup/cygwin/Makefile.in	2003-03-09 12:14:06.000000000 
-0800
+++ cygwin/winsup/cygwin/Makefile.in	2003-06-23 16:07:48.000000000 -0700
@@ -206,7 +206,7 @@
  uninstall: uninstall-libs uninstall-headers uninstall-man

  install-libs: $(TARGET_LIBS)
-	$(INSTALL_DATA) $(TEST_DLL_NAME) $(bindir)/$(DLL_NAME); \
+	$(INSTALL_PROGRAM) $(TEST_DLL_NAME) $(bindir)/$(DLL_NAME); \
  	for i in $^; do \
  	    $(INSTALL_DATA) $$i $(tooldir)/lib/`basename $$i` ; \
  	done

-- 
Doru Carastan
Windows Host Engineer
Phone: 408-992-4497
Email: [email-masked]
        [email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/