Subject: Re: grep not working due to missing cygpcre.dll
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:00:34 -0400

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 09:18:57AM -0500, JK wrote:
>I just updated my installation with the "current" list of packages in
>setup.
>On startup I get a message from grep.exe saying it can't find
>cygpcre.dll.
>So now grep, less and more are broken.
>
>It's the problem described here:
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00034.html

You mean the one that was mentioned as fixed here?

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00035.html

>libpcre                 4.1-1
>libpcre0                4.3-1
^^^^^^^^^

This would actually indicate that you have the latest versions of
libpcre.

Do you have the appropriate DLL somewhere on your system?  If not,
reinstall the package.

--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to [email-masked]
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/