Subject: RE: ProFTPd usable on WinXP-HE, questionable to me
From: "Soren A." <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:18:26 +0000 (UTC)

Vince Hoffman <[email-masked]> wrote in 
news:3500515B75D9D311948800508BA37955014BDC66@EX-LONDON:

> Is this any help ?
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2003-03/msg00047.php

Huhh. I guess I am screwed, because NTRights.exe looks like it is what I 
need, but it's only made available as a file in the NT/Win2K Resource Kit, 
and I am 6 months into moving lock, stock and barrel into basing nearly 
everything I do on GNU/Linux. At this late hour I am not about to pay M$ 
for the ResKit, when I have declined to do so for all these years. 
Especially since I only wanted to FTP a few files from a crippled SSHd 
machine (that's only able to run one logon client ssh session at a time, so 
cannot "scp" out a file back to the "client" machine, which is my typical 
strategy for finding a file on Linux and copying it to a Cygwin box).

So I can run a lesser ftpd I guess, or find another way to do this.

Thanks anyway, although it is frustrating, it is a tiny bit gratifying to 
know that I was right about sensing that there was a "hole" in M$ tools 
provided for this task and that something exists to fill that hole.

  Soren A.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/