Subject: bash kills console history
From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 20 Jun 2003 17:11:27 -0400

when I start a non-cygwin interactive application in a console window
under cmd, I can recall the previous lines with  the <Up> key and edit
the current command line with <Left> and <Right>.
when I start the same application under bash, I can no longer recall
history with <Up> (although <Left>&<Right> still work).

What does bash do to disable it?
How can I get back history editing?

Note that when I run the same program under GDB (which runs under
bash!) I do get to edit previous commands with <Up>.

Thanks!

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat9 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Life is like a diaper -- short and loaded.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/