Subject: Re: cygwin license with windows apps?
From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 20 Jun 2003 10:33:09 -0400

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "cygwin license with windows apps?"
> * Sent on Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:19:59 -0500
> * Honorable [email-masked] writes:
>
> If you use gcc in the cygwin environment to build a windows
> app and link against the windows dll's (using -mnocygwin
> option), does this still fall under the GPL, even though you
> aren't depending on the cygwin dll?

No, no more than a program built on linux with gcc and glibc;
you can distribute it under any license you want.

IANAL.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat9 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
If your VCR is still blinking 12:00, you don't want Linux.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/