Subject: cygipc semaphores not persistent?
From: Joe Buehler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:49:30 -0400

I am attempting to use cygipc for its semaphore functionality
in porting some existing UNIX code.

It would appear that semaphores are not persistent?

The code depends on the UNIX semantic of a semaphore being a global
system object that exists regardless of whether any processes are
currently using it.

I have processes coming and going, using the semaphore to mediate
access to a disk-based queue.  I have been debugging the code,
and it appears that the semaphore is destroyed when no process has
it open?
-- 
Joe Buehler

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/