Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Testversion uploaded: bash-2.05b-10
From: Roland Schwingel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:18:29 +0200

Hi...

[email-masked] wrote on 18.06.2003 10:54:21:

 > On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 12:04:32PM -0700, David Rothenberger wrote:
 > > Well, I spoke too soon.  I am having a very bizarre problem with
 > > scripts using DOS line endings on textmode mounts.  Here's how to
 > > recreate the problem.
 > > [...]
 >
 > Thanks for the reports.  It looks as if the patch isn't sufficient.
 > I let this test version on sourceware a while, perhaps somebody wants
 > to take a stab on fixing these problems, otherwise I'll remove it
 > in a week or so.
I also tested this release (of course). I do not use textmode, neither 
scripts
with DOS line endings but I created one and can verify this as well..

Nevertheless, I want to mention that the speed gain brought by this 
version is more
then noticable... I have one which runs normally about 5 Minutes, no in 
less then 1(!)

Roland

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/