Subject: Re: Perl 5.8.0-3 requires binary-mounted .cpan
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Cygwin mailing list" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:59:18 +0200

Gary schrieb:

> -1 worked with text mounts, never tried binary ones but I have to assume they
> worked as well.  This is with cygwin1.dll "1.5.0s(0.87/3/2) 20030608".

Hmmm, this is not better as before, with the default (unpatched)
perl-5.8.0 we get CR/LF lineendings on every perl generated output,
regardless which mode the mount is, unless PERLIO=raw or PERLIO=perlio
is used as environment setting, now, after I patched it, everything
breaks when perl is used on textmode mounts.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/